Tuesday, May 20, 2008

G3 & the Great Salt Lake at Antelope Park

We were instructed to stay out of site once we arrived in SLC last Thursday, and that's what we did. I drove the kids to Antelope Island to explore a habitat that I'm still struggling to know. Lizards sunning themselves, desert flowers, plants and animals surround us and we still can see mountains! It was truly awesome! God makes all things - I have no doubts in that. I'll post pictures later, but for the real reason we headed to SLC last weekend... We surprised our most favorite people out that way for their 70th birthdays and a spectacular accomplishment of 45 years of marriage. I shake my head in utter disbelief that they can work through that many years and challenges along the way and still stay married. That's something my 3 Gs need to see and remember. We definitely made some memories. I taught them some lessons too. The questions kept coming like, "why didn't Grampa meet us at the gate?" "why can't we go to their home?" "why why Why WHY MOM!!!" Well, at 6 & 7 years old, they are beginning to understand about surprises. It was a joy to see the true surprise on our favorite couple's faces and to know that we do love them enough to interupt their lives (although gardening tasks are important) and ours to recognize God working through them and in them for so many years!

So, it is beginning to sink in how incredible raising these 3 Gs is in this life and how spectacular it is to be married to my partner in this effort. I can't do it alone and don't have to, because God and a hard working husband carry me when I'm not able to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment