Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Heaven is for Real" by Todd Burpo

This book was about a family who face tough health experiences and continue to communicate their fears and share their strengths.  Through all the struggles with his sons health over a few short years, this dad relates what his son learned while very ill and near death. 

I wouldn't have picked this book because it seemed so real to loose a kid. I spend 24/7/365 with my kids as a homeschool parent. I'm glad that each of my kids is learning to know, love and serve a risen Savior.  I don't even watch movies based on real life events, so that's why I would not have regularly chosen this book as these parents watched their son slip in and out of a coma.  These parents work hard and do so much to teach/love their children.

But, it did express an idea of hope, which is all I have to glean from it. I received Heaven is for Real via an account at http://booksneeze.com/ and am glad to see others enjoy the book more than I did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment