Monday, March 15, 2010

History explores Ottoman and Persian Empires

As we read through Story of the World 3, I've combined chapter content from one chapter a week to two chapters a week. Last week was one such week, full of History and my favorite region of the world, southwest Asia.  So, in addition to covering the material from SOTW3, I added Arabic letters and the sounds those letters make. At right you will see the memory card picture and information from Hannah's Helps Yahoo group as well as the coloring page image from the SOTW3 Activity Guide.  There is a definition of janissary as well as 2 Arabic letters. Maybe somebody in this house will learn Arabic someday; possibly even me. 20 years isn't too long for me to take to learn the 4th most difficult language in the world, is it?

No comments:

Post a Comment