Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Summer Break?

In an effort to study about oceanography and the ocean habitat, we've listened to or read many books about the ocean. I'm now listening to "Moby Dick," all 17 hours of it. I am at chapter 20 and haven't met Ahab yet.

It is good to have a pool pass when it is not raining, so that I can listen to or read while my angels wear themselves out. But, we also have time to visit a friend's VBS program and participate next week in our own church summer "camp."

We are doing only a little reading about colonial America and then reading about the Revolutionary War and watching "Liberty's Kids." We will also get ready for Lewis and Clark in our history timeline before August. These are fun ideas for summer reading. But, I'm vexed by our grammar choice for 4th grade. I've read reviews of First Language Lessons 4 and am not enticed to continue into it.  I'm anxious for a solution and will consider Rod and Staff 5 when I visit with those folks at the Homeschool Expo on August 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment