Sunday, March 20, 2011

Muppet Show Season 3 (Flashback to 1978-79)

While we play "catch-up" from our visit to Utah for family visit and skiing, as well as from our visit with the Obie's, we're watching the Muppet Show from the late 1970s. Many of these folks are completely unfamiliar to my kids. One of my Gs mentioned that she didn't really like Alice Cooper from his appearance.  Gilda Radner, Roy Clark, Kris Kristofferson and Rita Coolidge didn't make much of a impact on my kids. Jean Stapleton was fun because she picked a strange Muppet monster as her favorite for one show tune. My favorite parts of each episode the Swedish Chef and the Science Lab set. I approved of the appearance done by Roy Rogers and Dale Evans, and my dad would be proud of me for teaching the kids even more about the wild west and western folklore. Some of these people from the shows are still alive, but we learned how to look up people and see what other things they were famous for in their lives, including Pearl Bailey (that was a fun one). I appreciated a break to watch a Muppet show intermittently while we did laundry and GRAMMAR as much as was necessary. We also got several walks around the neighborhood park district which was brilliant because of the weather, it was almost like getting over jet lag without the time change and loss of sleep. Enjoy the entertainment from your library's DVD collection. You may find some fun things that are a pleasant break from the news of war, famine and destruction on network TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment