Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Coral Reef Replication Experiment w/ Elemental Science

So, we got a little messy while doing this exercise, but it was fun! 

http://www.mrsstewart.com/pages/explanation.htm
http://www.mrsstewart.com/pages/scginstructions.htm

The life science experiment in Elemental Science Logic Stage curriculum directed my Gs to grow coral by using salt, water and liquid bluing.  I had such a trouble finding the laundry item called bluing. I ended up buying the bluing product from amazon.com because I had driven to 6 stores in my area and still couldn't find it (we have prime for delivery costs, so it wasn't a huge expense considering I've already driven - the gas costing what it does - to several stores).

We are also working on our memory work and included Cnidarians last week. We'll have to postpone observing snails for this week's experiment until I find one. But, I did go into a pet store for the first time in 10 years and it wasn't a horrible experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment