Sunday, January 24, 2010

GARDENING IN THE BLEAKNESS OF WINTER

The alyssum and pansy seeds from last year are in startermix and there's nothing winter can do about it! I took some crazy "What flower are you quiz?" AND it turns out that I'm a canna. Seems appropriate too in that I plant and dig my canna bulbs/corms every spring and fall with the utmost care b/c I live in Zone 5 and that's the only way to even start with cannas.  But, it'd be ok to have a bit more winter b/c I've no idea what to do with my landscaping challenges and no money to throw at them.

So, it's back to homeschooling and its challenges ...
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll; Whatever my lot, Thou has taught me to say, It is well, it is well, with my soul.
It is well, with my soul, It is well, with my soul, It is well, it is well, with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come, Let this blest assurance control, That Christ has regarded my helpless estate, And hath shed His own blood for my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment