Friday, September 6, 2013

G2 Finds a Volunteering Niche

According to her: 
I got to play with all kinds of fun kids. Well, the oldest kid with 16 months, so they're more like babies ;). There were five other adults there and I helped play with the little ones.  It's for a group that shares English language with Japanese women. It's so fun to be in the nursery, because I get to be with such little kids. One cried the whole time (girl), but she stopped when I was entertaining her.  Another one who cried the whole time finally fell asleep. It was hard for them to be without their moms for the first time.  But their moms were studying English in order to be more active while their dads work in this area.  I was there for 2 and a half hours, but it seemed like only 30 minutes! That's a good thing.

(G2 earned her babysitting certificate this summer and hopes to get more experience with babies before she takes on a job someday to babysit on her own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment