Friday, January 23, 2009

Violin/Piano and new library books

G#3 finished reading/listening to Stuart Little and is now started My Side of the Mountain. He seems to like the idea of setting out on his own. G#1 is finishing The Magician's Nephew soon and has now read how Narnia began. His is a most trying task because he answers comprehension questions in complete sentences now that he is in second grade. It's a tough job, but he's really enjoying the book. G#2 is finished with Through the Looking Glass and is reading/listening to From the Mixed-up Files of Mrs. Basil E. Frankweiler. She is getting lost less frequently, but needs watching because she slyly disregards the words as she listens to the story. But, she is narrating thoroughly the story to me when she finishes each day.

Violin is begun for G#3 and he has an official lesson book too. Our piano teacher is also home schooled and chose violin for her second or third instrument, so knew exactly what we needed. I'm fixin' to rig the violin and bow, and maybe even a teacher, now that I know where to have him measured for the proper size. The other two are doing well and enjoy the piano lessons, if not the practice. I'm amazed at their fingers and how small their hands are still.

I'm posting another ad from Intercontinental Hotels which puts into words an aspect of my philosophy for life. I also enjoy the creative adverts from AT&T. Those marketing folks are brighter than the usual bulbs. What do these images conjure up in your mind?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My side of the mountain and mixed up files are 2 of my very favorite books!

Sarah B. Roberts said...

I LOVE THIS AD.

Post a Comment