Friday, September 4, 2009

From the Daddy:

Today I am very thankful for the freedom to homeschool. I don't have to submit my children to a government-sponsored indoctrination. I heard that the White House teaching aid for President Obama's speech to schoolchildren originally was going to ask your children to write about how they could help the President! Why is it that conservatives are pilloried for resisting this when, if President Bush had done this, there would have been a media uproar? I'd be ok if the request was about how to participate in the process--that's a civics lesson. I resent the presumption that our kids should necessarily think about helping the president (remember checks and balances). That cannot help but have partisan overtones, and I resent it.

No comments:

Post a Comment